Friday 24 October 2014

A riveting afternoon

Why howdy people,

So I decided to take Angel (my dog) out on a walk through our local fields... Thankfully we didn't get caught in any rain, although the look of the clouds was telling me otherwise.

Whilst out on our little expedition both angel and I found ourselves in a rather awkward situation. Well this all began when a black lab started hurtling towards us in the distance... It was one of those 'fight or flight' occasions that could determine the fate for both Angel and I in one way or another. Usually, Angel is one of those dogs that prefers humans over her own kind so a sense of panic went straight through me. However, the minute I saw the male owner, approximately the same age as me, I realised this would be a battle of the sexes. Both angel and I stood our ground and pursued forward as if we didn't even see the approachees. Then came the awkward part.

Not only was this male black lab so intrigued my Angel's bottom, he also took an interest in drooling his sloppy chops all over my hand- I swear that dog has rabies, I've never seen so much saliva! Like I mentioned before this lab took a wild interest in Angel's behind... Now I can tell this was irritating Angel to the extent I knew she was going to snap. But like a true owner I tried to save her from having a rabid black lab's nose poked up her own ass. During this whole catastrophe the male owner attempted to beckon his dog... But failed miserably! Once the owner had caught up with us and his dog, he decided to try and break the awkwardness by saying "I see where I belong" (or something to that extent) while trying to attach his dog to the lead. I just smiled, said goodbye and carried on walking with Angel... Knowing that this tactic would leave him feeling awfully embarrassed but allowed Angel and I to leave with our pride and half of our dignity.

Half an hour later, when I had thought that the owner and his dog had gone home, the black lab reappeared! No way did Angel and I want to go through what just happened all over again, so suddenly (and quite dramatically) both angel and I diverged to our right- taking a different route. Angel knew what was at stake as she made the decision before I did. We then ran out of the field hoping not to be pursued. Luckily, both angel and I made it home in one piece and alone. What a riveting afternoon!

Here's a picture of Angel in the field before our little encounter...




Enjoy the weekend guys! :)

From
The BeasKnees

2 comments:

  1. All yee problems shall be resolved with huge quantities of Doritos and houmous! Yum yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! Bring on the houmous!

      Delete