Friday 31 October 2014

Happy Halloween

Good evening children of the night,

Happy Halloween and I hope you have a spooktacular night! Mwahahaha!

This year I celebrated Halloween a day early because my 6th Form hosted a Fancy Dress party in Liquid nightclub. Byron and I got ready at my house and thanks to my friend Julia we were able to use stage makeup to bring alive our scary alter-egos.

I have to admit I am very proud of my creation skills. Byron wanted a scary Joker/Asylum looking costume, so I used my brother's old ghost costume and ripped it into parts and covered it in fake blood. For the makeup, I went for more of the Joker look... here take a look at the pictures!

I went as a Vampire French Maid... To create this look I used white stage makeup all over my face (but not too much otherwise it will look chalky), then drew on my eyebrows with a dark brown pencil (I have blonde hair so black would be too dark). Then using dark grey eye shadow I covered my eyelids, then with black I covered the outer area of the eyelid and underneath the eye- I then smudged the eye shadow under my eyes. Then with the same dark grey eye shadow, I highlighted under my cheeck bones and over my collar-bones and cleavage line. I then used dark red lipstick on my lips and a few drops of fake blood dripping from the corner of my mouth.  I also bought some fangs online which glue onto my teeth... quite a few people told me that they look very convincing.

Although the club was meant to open at 8pm, it didn't open until 8:10 so we waited outside with other friends of ours. Once everyone started arriving the dance floor became swarmed with different characters... Fairies, superheroes, storybook characters, army soldiers, zombies and even a Lego man. However, I have to give the "Most Creative" award to my friend Abi who went as Khal Drogo from Game of Thrones- amazing!!

Throughout the night we partied hard and danced for 4 hours straight! I must say, I'm not an amazing dancer myself but there was some interesting dancing going on in that club. Although, I think most people weren't aware of their dancing and their whereabouts! When the party ended, the club threw everyone out... This meant standing outside waiting for our taxi for 10 mins which we didn't mind because it was super hot in the club and the fresh air was nice.

Suddenly I get a call from our taxi driver, whom was crying, saying that he is going to be running a bit late because he is in hospital. When he arrived he explained to us that his wife has got a fractured back and he found her unconscious on the floor and had to rush her to hospital. So the least we could do is give him a tip so he could buy his wife flowers and himself a coffee. Sending blessings to Rob the taxi man's wife. We arrived home at 1am and because we hadn't eaten since 3:30pm Byron and I were starving... so we ate Abi's leftover pasta bake.


However, tonight I was meant to be going to another party but I have an awful headache, so I'm going to be spending my Halloween watching American Horror Story with some friends. So I will let you get on with your Trick or Treating and say goodbye for now!



If you go into the woods tonight, you better not go alone!


From
The BeasKnees




No comments:

Post a Comment