Sunday 2 November 2014

Mummas home (+ film spoilers)

Howdee Doodee!
 
 
Yesterday, my family came home from their week away in Cornwall- it is so lovely to have them back... I no longer have to talk to myself!
 
During the day Will (my brother) and I FaceTime'd our dad in Azerbaijan which meant we got to see our little sisters (Angelina and Victoria) in their witch costumes- so cute! We also got see my dad's cat, Aslan whom has a hilarious face! I don't mean to be mean to Aslan but when he looks at you it looks like he is giving you the death stare!  
 
Later on I went to see The Maze Runner with my mum and Marin (Swiss student living with us). Here's a bit about the film if you haven't seen it:
 
"Thomas is deposited in a community of boys after his memory is erased, soon learning they're all trapped in a maze that will require him to join forces with fellow "runners" for a shot at escape."- IMDb
 
The film was amazing and it sort of reminded me of an adaptation of The Lord of the Flies. Both the acting and special effects were executed perfectly... allowing the audience to believe that this could be a real life situation.
However, mum found it too realistic and was scared most of the way through the film- especially when it came to those giant spider-like creatures. Now I don't want to give too many spoilers away but I did not expect that twist at the end... No way Jose!
 
Also, I think I have a new celebrity crush (alongside Johnny Depp and Henry Cavill) after watching the film... Dylan O'Brien you were sizzling!
 
On the contrary, the casting choices for this film were very clever because they were able to incorporate actors with different ethnicities who portrayed their characters outstandingly.
 
So congratulations Wes Ball on directing a fantastic film based on James Dashner's novel!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Anyways, I have loads of coursework to do for school tomorrow.... So goodbye for now!

From
The BeasKnees
 

No comments:

Post a Comment